How to set up a trial
Trial environment are great for trying out new functionality.
There are different ways to set up a trial. Take a look under Microsoft Resources on this page and there is a link to MS Docs where you can read about the different ways to take out a trial, e.g. you can create a trial environment within your existing tenant or you can choose to create a completely new trial tenant.
If you want to create a new trial tenant with a trial environment that includes Dynamics 365 apps, navigate to https://trials.dynamics.com/, choose a Dynamics app, fill in your e-mail address and phone number, wait for your trial environment to be created. There are community content describing this process, have a look under Community Resources.
Power Apps Community Plan
There is an alternative to creating a trial environment. As trial environments are great for e.g. a PoC (Proof of Concept) for a customer it might be exhausting to create a new trial every time you want to explore new features by yourself. There is a FREE "plan" to your rescue!
As an alternative to creating a trial, if you just want a place where you can explore and learn, sign up for a Power Apps Community Plan. Then you will get a free individual environment for personal use. It cannot be shared which anyone else but you will be able to try out new functionality yourself.
- MS Docs - About trial environments
- Improve trial experience from 2021 Release Wave 1 Release Plan, improved trial experience for Sales Insights Add-in for Dynamics 365 Sales
- Sign up for a free trial of Dynamics 365 Marketing
- MS Docs - Power Apps Community Plan
- Dynamics 365 Sales Pro Trial Setup by Olena Grischenko 2021-02-08
- Create a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Trial Environment | As of Feb 2021 by Priyesh Wagh 2021-02-07
- How to really take out a trial by Chris Huntingford (VIDEO) 2019-11-25